Thursday, September 3, 2009

How I Write

The first thing that I do whenever I am going to write about a topic or piece of work is think about it. I spend as long as it takes to think about the topic and develop my own interpretation or take on it. Also, I usually try to develop a thesis and a plan for where I want this topic to go, but for the most part, when I write a rough draft, I usually just let what I'm thinking and processing at the time take me through the paper. Then, when I sit down to the computer or to the table to start writing, I tend to think through every sentence before I right or type it.

One of the main things that I always try to do while writing is to take my own point of view that makes sense to me and that I can believe in, while at the same time back up with a lot of different details/facts. By doing this, I can fill up the page, inform the reader of what I know, while at the same time hopefully sounding like I know what I'm talking about.

Finally, once I have finished saying all that I have to say on the topic, and the page is filled, I take a break, eat some food, relax and turn my mind off, preparing to go back to the topic. After I have done this I head back to the computer and read over what I wrote in the heat of the moment, first checking over the grammar, then checking over the content and adding all of the new ideas that I come up with after the fact. Once this ordeal is done, and I feel the writing is somewhat suitable, I publish/print.

No comments:

Post a Comment