Thursday, March 18, 2010

Thoughts on this Last Quarter

This quarter went by extremely fast! :( It seems as though, at least as a senior, every quarter this year has been going by faster than the last; we're almost done!

I thought that our class this quarter had a multitude of great discussions and we came to a lot of good conclusions concerning the identity of America through the thoughts posed by the texts that we studied. Concerning the texts, they were amazing. There were so many that I loved I can't even list all of them but my favorites were Thoreau's "Civil Disobedience" and of course Fitzgerald's "Gatsby." Also I thought it was cool to actually read these famous texts, such as "Common Sense," that we always here so much about in history and in school.

In all, I learned a lot about America and what people think of it this quarter. I thought it was an extremely enlightening quarter, and more than anything I'm going to miss the great people in this class...and Mr. Kunkle of course.

No comments:

Post a Comment